Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Demolished D's ~ Life Lessons from Pop Tarts ~ A to Z Blog Challenge


When I began thinking about the A to Z challenge, I thought for a long time about what I wanted to write. I tried to think of ways to find neat things about the English language with each letter. And then I thought, what if that letter didn’t exist? So I am doing an abbreviated version of my Life Lessons series that I normally do on Fridays, but without using the letter of the day. What would life be like without that letter? Let’s find out...

My offspring love Pop Tarts. Rather, they love toaster pastries, because until recently they never ate real Pop Tarts. Then we took my female youngster to the allergist where they brought to bear that she possesses an allergy to milk. Lovely. It’s not extreme – it affects her skin for the most part, but it is still a hassle. It explains all the break outs she was having though.


Unofficial toaster pastries of every name I was able to locate contain milk. So I was now possessing an obligation to buy the real thing because they have no milk. My tyke ate a fake one the other morning. Sure enough little pinkish bumps rose on her cheeks.

She will happily eat both types, but one is harmful to her. The other is not.

Are we happy with harmful imposters in our lives? Moral stories, Christian music, or even church services are no fit replacement for taking time in the real Bible, but we think they are just as filling.  Has something fake ever been the cause of a problem for you?

Thank goodness I tested my post with the Find feature. I had several uses of the word “and”. Use the link below to see other A to Z participants.  


1 comment:

  1. Hi, in my life, I need to think about it. But in life, fake food is a major baddy out there. I eat low carb, and it's amazingly healthy - no junk, no sugar, none of the hydrogenated problems, the high fructose problems. Lots of veggies and other REAL foods.

    ReplyDelete