Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Best Christmas Songs You've Never Heard - Part 5

There are classics and standards that we're all familiar with when it comes to Christmas songs. But what about those new little gems that we may not be as familiar with? This month I'm highlighting a few of my favorites, even if it is a couple of days after Christmas.

SONG #9 - The Last Christmas Without You, Sixpence None the Richer

The first time I heard this song I was nine months pregnant and waiting to go into labor at any moment. It made this song very special to me.




SONG #10-23 - The entire SheDaisy Christmas album, Brand New Year

Okay, so it's not a single song, it's a whole album. Some of the songs are classic carols but they all have a brand new twist. This album is just fun. It's also not as hidden a gem as some of the others, especially if you're a country music fan, but this is a fabulous album. A mix of reinvented traditionals and totally brand new songs, it's as festive as the season itself. I like the album so much it was hard to decide which song to highlight off of it. I decided to go with The Secret of Christmas. (As a side note, I was going to use Twist of the Magi, a hilarious duet with Rascal Flatts, but there wasn't really a good YouTube video with it.)



I hope you've enjoyed discovering some new Christmas music with me. Be sure to share some of your own favorites in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment