Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Best Christmas Songs You've Never Heard - Part 3

There are classics and standards that we're all familiar with when it comes to Christmas songs. But what about those new little gems that we may not be as familiar with? This month I'm highlighting a few of my favorites.

SONG #6 - Not That Far From Bethlehem, Point of Grace

Do you ever wonder what it was like for Mary and Joseph making that trip? I've had three kids and let me tell you - I didn't even want to walk across the room much less across the country during my ninth month. I can just imagine Joseph reassuring Mary, "We're almost there, I'll help you make it." And then such discouragement at not finding lodging but such joy at a healthy baby boy. Beautiful. And to think, we're never far from that same Savior.


SONG #7 - Strange Way to Save the World, 4Him

We think a lot about Mary. After all, she was the one lugging a pregnant belly around. But lately I've been hearing more songs about Joseph and I think that's great. The task of fathering the Savior of the World had to be daunting. As this song points out, it's really hard to imagine that helpless little bundle that you instantly love so much being the conduit God would use to save the people of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment