Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Best Christmas Songs You've Never Heard - Part 4


There are classics and standards that we're all familiar with when it comes to Christmas songs. But what about those new little gems that we may not be as familiar with? This month I'm highlighting a few of my favorites.


SONG #8 - Are My Ears On Straight, Gayla Peevey

This is an old one, but a good one. My mom had this one on a tape from when she was a kid and I have always thought it was such a fun song for Christmas. One of my favorite Christmas presents ever was a stuffed animal. I always wanted to believe that he loved me as much as I loved him. The popularity of the Toy Story movies proves that everyone wants to think of their toys loving their owners. This is that same little girl that sang the song we all know about hippopotamuses. I haven't met anyone else who knows this song, though.


Since it's Christmas Day, I thought I'd throw a couple of surprise presents in as Honorable Mentions. These two are songs you've heard of, but maybe not quite like this. They make me smile.

HONORABLE MENTION #1 - Blue Christmas, Porky Pig

I have no idea if this is actually done by the guy who did the voice of Porky Pig or not, but I have trouble caring. It's just funny.




HONORABLE MENTION #2 - The Christmas Shoes, FM Static

I've never been a huge fan of this song, although many people are. This is a different version that made me smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment