Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Redefining Success ~ A Peek At My One Word Progress
But seriously, how can it be March? It seems like only yesterday I was getting ready for Valentine's Day and now BOOM, it's shamrocks and leprechauns. We don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day at my house, but still. It's March. Which means it's time to take a look and see where I'm at in making my life a little bit healthier. I don't think this is going to be pretty...
You can read January's recap here.
Let's start by looking back at what I hoped to accomplish in February. As a recap, here were my goals:
Goals for the Month
- Stick to Weight Watchers program
- Begin a morning Pilates habit
- Track my spending
- Begin purging my house of un-needed items
- Extend my morning Bible time to include more prayer time.
Goal Accomplishments for the Month
- I did not get back on Weight Watchers. I will be canceling my subscription. I will not waste money on something I'm not using.
- Did not start Pilates habit, but I HAVE been getting some workouts in, so I'll count that as a plus.
- Have not tracked my spending or set up the March budget (at the time of writing this which is actually March 1. Hopefully I will have done this by the time this actually posts.)
- I HAVE begun the purging process! I sent around 250 items out of my house. They either went to a local consignment sale (Yea! Check coming soon!) or they went to charity. It felt great! I also managed to give away several items as part of the Valentine's Banquet at church... we played Let's Make A Deal.
- My morning Bible reading is going well. I actually finished a devotional plan and have moved on to reading the entire Bible in chronological order. That's going to take me a couple of years, at least. I am focusing more on prayer and that is making life better.
Other Accomplishments for the Month
- I did move forward in my goal to become a published author by entering my latest manuscript into a contest. Judging on that will begin soon, so please pray for me!
- I started a blog with several other Inspirational Regency authors. If you haven't checked it out yet, go to Regency Reflections today!
- I rearranged my living room. While this may seem minor to you, it is HUGE to me.
- I did not gain any weight. I have actually lost a couple of pounds despite my inattention to my Weight Watchers tracking program.
- I schlepped my daughter around to numerous doctor's appointments. Aside from the glasses saga, which you can find out about here, here, and here, we have also had a couple of trips to the allergist to discover she's allergic to milk. Fun. Have you ever realized how much stuff has milk in it?!?
- I have taken the time to play games, build castles, and cuddle more with my children. This is something that I had been neglecting. I think many stay-at-home moms do. The curse of the familiar.
This is not what I would consider a hugely successful month, BUT I have to look at what I have managed to accomplish and know that things can and will get better. If I only dwell on what I managed to miss, I'll become quite depressed.
And so we move on to March, because I can't go back and change February. What does it mean to be healthy? I'm trying to go back to the essence of my word for the year and not get hung up on little new years type goals every month. I know we have a very large church event this month that is going to take up a lot of my time, so I need to plan accordingly.
My Goals for the Month
- Work out at least three times a week. Five would be preferable. Seven would be awesome.
- Make a budget. Stick to it.
- Start a purge pile for a yard sale in April.
- Read at least one book a day with my kids.
- Have a date with my husband. We haven't gone out just the two of us in a really long time.
Your turn!!! How is your year shaping up? If you could change anything from this point forward, what would it be?