Friday, February 24, 2012

Love VS Love - Regency Reflections Link

I'm over at Regency Reflections today with a look at our limited love compared to the limitless love of God. 


There is an excerpt below. You can read the whole article here. You get a different picture here, though. ;) Enjoy! 


 I love chocolate. I love my husband. I don’t love these things in the same way, though. It’s one of the frustrating things about the English language. We have the word like and we have the word love and there’s nothing in between. I used to think we should introduce the word “loke” into our vocabulary to establish a level between like and love. Then I could say I loke chocolate and I love my husband.


We toss the word love around a lot in the United States. That can’t be said for every other country in the world. I had a friend from England once that got a bit fed up with our usage of it. When someone said, “I love chocolate” my friend would make a face and say “Why don’t you marry it then?” Not terribly original, but it gets the message across.


Read the rest of the article at Regency Reflections. 


Image from morguefile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment