Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Life Lessons From European Chocolate

I am a chocoholic. Seriously. I love it. I crave it. I get really cranky without it. But over time here is what I have discovered: one small piece of really nice European chocolate will satisfy that craving as well if not better than an entire candy bar.
(Photo by hozinja from Flickr)

Our spiritual life is like that. Communication with God is essential to the healthy Christian life. Our spirit craves that Word from God. Sometimes we stuff ourselves with sermons, devotionals, inspirational tweets, and even Christian fiction when what we really need is a small piece of the real Word. All of that other stuff is great and can really enrich your life, but never substitute the good stuff for the really good stuff. Get in the Bible. You'll be so much more satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment