Friday, August 8, 2014

News, Inspiration, and Laughs: Media Moments of the Week

Some of my fave twitter tweets of the past week:

News from me: I'm a Maggie Finalist! Along with some of my fellow Golden Heart finalists:

@AsaMariaBradley Woot! #GH14Dreamweavers continue to rock! We have 3 #Maggie finalists! @McCallHoyle @JessicaMRuddick @KristiAnnHunter Represent!

In other book news... the publication industry can be slow, but exciting: 

@SuperWriterMom Just realized my book comes out in roughly the same amount of time it took me to birth a baby. #WhatToExpect

@noveldoctor When I sit down to write, my brain seizes. So I have to sneak up on the laptop. All of my stories start with "Aha!"

As always, the twitterverse contained a few profound truths and insights: 


@CSLewisDaily There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'

@louiegiglio Our worship does not add to God's worth. He is God! Our worship adds God's worth to our lives.

@womenOfHistory Great Advice: Follow your heart but take your brain with you

And also a few chuckles: 

@churchCurmudgeon Pastor didn't alliterate his points yesterday. Can't remember a thing. Not my fault if I backslide today.

@NathanFillion I think I have broken the habit of saying "awesome", which is awesome.
 
 @pvponline This morning there's some FOX exec going "Why don't WE have a humor infused space opera with a rag tag group of criminals?"

What's the most inspirational or giggle-worthy thing you've seen on social media this week? 


2 comments:

  1. This is one cool blog, Kristi!! And congratulations on being a Maggie finalist!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ane! I'm trying to devote more attention to it and be a little less hit or miss.

      Delete