Thursday, October 17, 2013

Emma Approved, Doctor Who, and New Books ~ This Week on the Internet

Memorable Media Moments ~ Week of October 12


Some of my favorite Social Media shares of the past week:

1. Emma Approved


This actually started last week, but I wasn't doing roundups last week, so here it is! The long-awaited next book adaptation from Bernie Su and Hank Green (and a lot of other people, I'm not really sure who all is in on production.)

http://youtu.be/aeeXkf8LZ_8

2. Doctor Who 50th Awesomeness


As November 23rd draws nearer, the Whovians are celebrating. Some of my fave moments this week:

~ The Day of the Doctor stills. Yes I got excited about pictures. John Hurt at the TARDIS controls = awesome anticipation.

DrWhoShots

~ This post about Martha. I actually liked Martha as a companion. I thought this was a good write-up about why she was awesome during her time.

MarthaTumbl

 

3. The Things That Made Me Giggle


Hank Green: The radio is playing in this restaurant. It played an advert for this restaurant. I'm kinda surprised that's never happened to me before.


Jim Gaffigan: Researchers have discovered eating bacon lowers sperm count and that researchers waste time & money instead of finding a cure for cancer.


Response to Jim Gaffigan: Don't you have like 2 hours of material on bacon and 6 kids?



4. Things that Make Me Go Hmmm...


James Emery White: Of course Christians proselytize. If we really believe in heaven and hell, how could we not?


~ Also this: the most awesome customer service exchange on a live chat application ever. This is definitely a win. What if we all handled our problems with this kind of attitude?



5. Celebrations


~ Prologue and First Chapter of Julia Quinn's new book! I think this has actually been up for a while, but I just discovered it this week, so yea! Book comes out in a couple of weeks. That will be exciting as well.

~ Laurie Alice Eakes' new Regency released this week and we're partying over at Regency Reflections! Loving that the Inspiration Regency market is growing.

A Reluctant Courtship Contest at Regency Reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment