Friday, February 8, 2013

Never Clean Enough ~ Life Lessons from Laundry

A few days ago, I did laundry.

Lots of laundry.

And after I'd done nothing but laundry for an entire day, I looked around and realized three things.

1. I was much more behind on laundry than I realized.

2. My family owns WAY too many clothes.

3. You couldn't notice that I had done laundry at all when you looked at the hampers.

Basket of LaundryAs disheartening as that thought was, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I would never actually be able to catch up on laundry. Even if I got to the bottom of every hamper, there would still be the clothes on my back.

Life is like that. We can work and labor, plan and plot but we will never be able to fix all of the problems in our lives. We might make considerable progress, but there's still another dirty towel, another hidden habit, hiding in the corner.

While dirty clothes require hard work and maybe a trip to the laundromat, my life requires only a trip to my knees. How wonderful that Jesus came so that the dirty laundry in my life could be replaced with His perfection.

Don't forget to go over to Regency Reflections and participate in the anniversary celebration. Serial story, scavenger hunt, prize package, and reader poll.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog name. Your posts are so well-written. Oops -- gotta go do laundry!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete