Friday, December 28, 2012

It's A Wonderful Year ~ 2012 in Review

It's been a great year. I can't believe it's my last post of the year.

I thought I would leave you with some highlights of 2012.

From my blog:

The top two posts of 2012 were Should You Quit While You're Ahead (I'm pretty sure my mentions of popular Olympians at the time brought that one a little more traffic) and my post about The Screwtape Letters.

 When I went looking for my top-viewed posts, I wasn't expecting it to be these. Neither one garnered the most comments or link backs. Those honors go to The Society of Judgement fifth Tuesday rant, I Want to Make Someone Miserable, and a discussion on whether or not you believe in miracles. 

I'm really happy with my blogging this year. I learned a lot that will hopefully make next year even better. 


In my writing:

I joined forces with a group of wonderful writers to start Regency Reflections, a blog for the inspirational Regency reader. We've been having a fabulous time exploring history and books over there.

My third place finish in the Maggies was also a highlight, along with meeting the amazing writer, Julia Quinn.

The progress I have made as a writer this year is just amazing. When I think of where I was a year ago and where I am today, I am stunned by how much I've progressed. This writing business is hard work! It's true that anyone can write a book, but not just anyone can make it one you'd want to read.

In my life:

At the beginning of the year I started this whole word for the year thing. My word was Healthy. I didn't embrace it very well. I thought about it a lot and I think mentally, emotionally, and spiritually I am a lot healthier than I was a year ago. Physically however, I didn't make much progress.


How about you? What were your milestones this year? Share your highlights in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Highlights for me:
    *Joining the group Blog, Regency Reflections, and starting my own fledgling personal blog: Graciouswoman@wordpress.com
    *Completing my first historical romance, and started my second historical (reached 42K words yesterday.
    *joined the Y, kept my weight down, had a surgery, got diagnosed with a treatable eye disease.
    God is still GREAT!:)

    ReplyDelete